Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Nirvana...

Almost achieved simply by chatting with one of my favourite writers ever – Alexander McCall Smith.

I posted the question as ‘Jayita, Mumbai’. Yes I know that’s not my name. It is my sister’s name, and I asked it on her behalf, she being a top psychiatrist and all. I posed my own question as well, as myself and not masquerading as female relatives, but the same query was in the minds of approximately 1500 other fans. The question was – when is the next in the von Igelfield trilogy coming out? Fans breathless with eager anticipation will be pleased to know that Mr. McCall Smith is hard at work on it.

Read the transcript to learn more about him, his writing process (a whopping 1000 words per hour!) and, in a staggering expose, he revealed what JLB stood for in Mr. J.L.B. Matekoni!!

No comments: